Who We Are
PlayLab is a creative play space for infants and young children, where kids can explore and experiment with lots of different kinds of play. Thoughtfully designed by early childhood and play experts, PlayLab encourages curiosity, open exploration, and socializing with friends.
- A large indoor play space for infants, toddlers, and preschool aged children
- Peaceful infant play space for non-mobile babies with simple toys
- Family lounge with cozy sofas and reading nooks
- Outdoor sensory garden with sand and water play (coming soon!)
- Birthday parties, special events, meetings/groups bookings (click here for more info)
- Complimentary organic coffees and teas, healthy goods and snacks, and free Wifi
- Parent & Me classes, playgroups, and children's classes
- Parenting community groups, classes for parents, and speaker series
Saturday & Sunday: 9am- 6pm*
*Please check our calendar for open play hours on the weekends, or call us at 626-376-0840. If no events are scheduled, we have open play from 9:00am-6:00pm!
- Day Pass: $10 per child, $5 for non-mobile infants
- Five Pack of Day Passes: $45
- Ten Pack of Day Passes: $80
- Monthly Unlimited Family Membership (up to 3 kids for 30 days): $60
- Three Month Unlimited Family Membership (up to 3 kids for 30 days): $150
Passes are available for purchase here.
Mommy Groups, Play Groups, and Larger Parties
We love hosting big groups at PlayLab! Parent Groups of 3 families or more, arriving together, each pay just $8 for a day pass (instead of the usual $10).
In order to accommodate your group, reserve your spot online or call ahead (626-376-0840) to schedule your group visit to PlayLab. There is no extra charge, but it can get very crowded if there are multiple groups playing at the same time. If you do not schedule in advance, there is a chance we may not be able to host your entire group due to capacity limits.
Please note: Celebrations during open play hours are not allowed at PlayLab. So, please no cake, presents, singing, etc. If you are interested in having a special event at PlayLab, we are happy to work with you on hosting your private celebration- just call us at (626) 376-0840 or email us here.
Map & Address
We are located at 1021 E Walnut Street, #100, Pasadena CA 91106. There are 20 spots in our parking lot available for our guests, and neighborhood street parking is also available.
Stroller parking is available inside, too!
- Please check in at the counter before playing or joining your class. Adults are free at PlayLab but we ask that you bring no more than 3 adults per family to your visit.
- You must sign a waiver for yourself and child before playing or starting a class.
- Memberships must register the names of up to 3 adults and up to 3 children, which cannot be changed or substituted once the membership begins. Membership status will be granted only to the persons registered.
- Memberships are non-refundable after purchase. We leave it up to each member to decide how to make the best use of their membership; we cannot give refunds for infrequent use.
- Annual memberships are eligible for a pro-rated refund, as follows:
For up to 3 months after purchasing the pass, you are eligible for a $400 refund .
After 3 months and up to 6 months after the date of purchase, you are eligible for a $200 refund.
After 6 months and up to 9 months after the purchase date, you are eligible for a $100 refund.
After 9 months from the purchase date, no refunds can be given.
- PlayLab is a parent-supervised play space. At no time is PlayLab staff responsible for any child.
- We realize that every caregiver has their own parenting style. To help maintain the safety of children and adults at PlayLab, we ask that if you observe any challenging behavior to respectfully inform a staff member.
- PlayLab is a shoe free space and adults must wear socks. Kids may go barefoot or wear socks. Socks for adults can be purchased in the PlayLab store for $1.
- No food or drinks in the play areas. Snacks can be eaten at the tables in the play room. If your child has allergies, please be aware that PlayLab does not have dietary limitations on the snacks allowed in the space.
- For the health and safety of everyone who visits PlayLab, children and adults, with visible signs of illness (Cough, runny nose, rash, fever, etc) will be asked to visit PlayLab when they feel better.
- No pets or animals, please. Only registered service animals are allowed at PlayLab.
- Celebrations during open play hours are not allowed at PlayLab. So, please no cake, presents, singing, etc. However, we are available for private parties and other events; learn more here.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Prices and policies are subject to change without notice.